Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Night 2010

I'm getting back in the blogging saddle and posting my running commentary on tonight's Oscars and red carpet, starting at 6pm eastern. Feel free to post your responses!

6:00 - Y'all ready?

Blah blah blah, Ryan. Just show me the dresses.

6:01 - FYI: Heather and I are doing the E! Red Carpet right now.

6:04 - What the hell's Zac Efron doing there? Not that I'm complaining. Ah... presenter.

6:09 - Not caring for Anna Kendrick's hair, but the dress is lovely. A little too close to her skintone, but still beautiful.

Mariska!!!

6:12 - Classy answer, Mo.

6:17 - Is blue the color of the evening? Mariah looks great, though -- and not insane!

6:19 - Am I supposed to care about this behind-the-scenes stuff?

6:27 - FYI: ABC has a live stream of the red carpet.

6:50 - A little late to the game with this one, but I'm so glad that Nicole Richie's settled down. She looks a bit dowdy tonight, though. A little too far on the opposite end of the spectrum.

7:00 - Sandra Bullock's pretty tipsy, I think. She had to hold on to the velvet rope stand.

7:03 - I'm watching Amanda Seyfried on both ABC.com and E! Aack! Brain freeze! Brain freeze!

7:50 - RDJ was on a little while ago. Normally, I hate when guys don't take off their sunglasses when being interviewed, but he's just so wonderful that I can let it go.

8:06 - "It's because she doesn't understand English." Oh, George Clooney! You rogue.

8:11 - Screw the Nelson Mandela celebration. I want to see Invictus because I want to see Matt Damon playing rugby. Hot.

8:22 - POSTURE, MILEY! POSTURE!

8:25 - Just to be "that guy," I think it's hilarious that Kathy Ireland, the supermodel, interviewed Gabourey Sidibe, the official Oscars big gal.

9 comments:

ekcelliott said...

Totally bored with the dresses so far....I missed Nicole Richie. Did she look boho-chic?

Peter Pope said...

Nicole was ultra-conservative, totally covered up. My friend described her as "grandmother of the bride."

ekcelliott said...

here's who sucks: Kathy Ireland. WTF is she doing as a broadcaster? She needs to get back to selling socks and furniture and shit.

Peter Pope said...

DUDE! Seriously! Ugh. Make that go away, please.

ekcelliott said...

Can I just say I'm OBSESSED with Sarah Jessica Parker's dress? I could just jump through the screen and steal that right off her miniature sized body. It's the only dress that I've seen tonight that actually seems unique.

ekcelliott said...

Holy fuck. Did you see Whoopi Goldberg doing a "Poise" commercial?!

ekcelliott said...

Oooh dear. Just saw Nicole Richie's "Cruella Deville" dress. Bad idea.

Peter Pope said...

You liked SJP's dress? We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I hate her, her fashion sense and that everyone focuses on her and her fashion sense.

And, yeah, saw that Poise commercial. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

ekcelliott said...

SJP hatred?! HA! Well, she's definitely polarizing in her fashion sense. She's an odd person, I think. But I do really like that dress. :) Reminds me of something Esther Hoffman Howard would have worn on stage in A Star is Born.