Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Night 2010 - III

Thanks, you guys, for reading.

I have so much to say. Not just that a woman finally won Best Director. But she won Best Director, Best Film and Best Ex-Spouse-Fuck-You!

Mo'Nique's win wasn't at all surprising. But it really said to me that comedians can do serious drama. And I know that's happened before. But the fact is that they always have to prove it. But the good ones who do it? They're the ones who actually DO it. She fucking did it. Her performance was beyond measure.

Gabourey Sidibe? That girl is too remarkable. I just hope she gets the right roles (and isn't typecast as "the sassy, fat girl") because she's too cute and sweet and fabulous. As the late, lamented Patrick Swayze would say, she can't be "put in a corner!"

I had such a great time watching. It helped my commentary to have my best friend Heather with me. I loved every minute.

No comments: