Friday, January 30, 2009

Oh, God. He's Dead? But He Was So Hot!

I was watching The Apartment and noting that Jack Lemmon was quite a looker in his day. I, of course, posted it to my Facebook page and got a couple of responses. I, then, realized how often I do this, since I watch a ton of old movies. I'm lusting after a guy until I realize, "Wait a tick!" Then I immediately run to IMDb, only to discover that either he's older than my grandmother or dead. This happens especially with musicals because singers and dancer are, by default, hot. (James Mitchell, aka "Palmer Cortlandt"/"Dream Curly," I'm looking at you.)

Anyway, I'm curious about which old stars you find attractive. So far we have Jack Lemmon, Gene Kelly, Paul Newman, Gregory Peck, Cary Grant, Sidney Poitier and Rock Hudson.

Please, add more to the list.

Update: I'm clearly not the only person to have this weighing on my mind. Here are some awesome old dudes over 50. This is a slightly different list than what I'm thinking, really. But it's along the same (vericose) vein.

2 comments:

The Geek said...

Hey Peter! Thanks so much for the shout-out. :)

My list, on purpose, only included the living, but good lord, would the list grow if I added in the deceased! I completely agree with Paul Newman, Gregory Peck, Cary Grant (favorite of all time), and Rock Hudson. I'd add Humphrey Bogart to that list.

GG

Peter Pope said...

You're welcome for the shout out. It's always fun to stumble upon a good blog. (Okay, this was more of a push from joy, but six of one. :) )

I'll be honest, I've never seen a Bogart film, but I hear his charisma was through the room, so: added to the list!