Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The One Where They Gratuitously Reune

So, thanks to the success of the Sex and the City movie, there's talk of a big screen Friends flick. Do we really need this? The answer, in case you're hesitating, is "no."

I mean, I figured that we'd get some sort of reunion at some point. TV viewers love a "Where are they now?" program. (And by "viewers," I mean me.) I just feel like there's this faux-stalgia for late '90s/early '00s programming. People seem to think (erroneously, if you ask me) that 2005-ish marked the end of good television. And they're ready to eat up anything that hearkens back to that golden age. Thus, you get Sarah Jessica Parker's horse face blown up to ten feet on the wide screen. (Oh, yeah. I went there. I just don't understand why people think she's pretty. Sue me, Parker. Go ahead. I dare you.)

In any event, I know they're going to make the movie. I think it's pointless, but whatevs.

And, really, who am I kidding? I'm gonna shell out $10.75 to see it just like all the other schmucks.

No comments: