Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kickin' 'Em in the Globes

Oh, the Golden Globes. The tipsy uncle of the awards show season. So much fun, and often a good predictor of how the Emmys and Oscars will go.

Okay! So, after some technical difficulties, we're up and running. And away we go!

Red Carpet
6:19 - Playing catch-up:
Olivia Wild's dress was amazing.
I'm in love with the 360 cam.
Good lord, I'm always amazed by how short Seacrest is.
Poor Kelly Osbourne and George What's-his-face are stumbling all over themselves.
I will drive a pencil through my temples if I hear "babybump" one more time.

6:21 - Note to self: Closed captioning will do you no good tonight.

6:28 - Yeesh. Mark Salling looks like a little boy in his tux.

6:30 - Alec Baldwin/Jim Parsons "tension". Quick, in a fight, who kicks whose ass?

6:34 - "Lei" jokes? Really? Well, it is E!

6:35 - Elisabeth Moss!!! She looks gorgeous. I love that green on her. I read that she is/was married to Fred Armisen from SNL. What an odd pairing.

6:37 - There goes Helena Bonham-Carter in the background, looking insane as usual. But I love her.

6:43 - Sarah Hyland is so adorable! She's phenomenal on Modern Family. "I'm sorry you hate me. I don't know you." Awesome.

6:45 - What's up with all the ponytails tonight? Are people worried that they're going to get too smashed tonight to deal with their hair once they get home?

6:47 - Yay! Jesse Tyler Ferguson! I am so in love with him. Frotch!

6:48 - And pull out to show Matt Bomer. Two queers on screen at once. Is that allowed on primetime?

6:53 - Wondering whether my popcorn will last through the show. Probably not.

6:55 - So it looks like Jane Krakowski and Natalie Portman decided to show off the bellies.
Also? No more Limo Cam. Annoying.

6:56 - Is Lea Michele going to prom? Did her mom and dad lift curfew tonight?

6:57 - Not liking the flower on Natalie's dress. But her hair is simple and beautiful. And that necklace is divine.

6:58 - Jason Segel and Jimmy Fallon sharing a stage? What bizarro world is this? Oh, god. That was... something.

7:06 - Count me among the people who didn't realize that Emma Stone was a natural blonde. She's been either brunette or a redhead in everything I've seen her in. Is it weird to say that I don't like her natural hair color? She looks washed out.

7:10 - Switched over to NBC. Sandra Bullock's looking good. I guess it's Ryan Reynold's Canadian lovin'.
I'll bet you Chris Colfer's sick of answering "What's it like to be a gay role model?"

7:12 - Back on E! What's going on with the Biebs? I must have missed why he's here.

7:14 - "The two Janes." Heh. I like the sparkle at the bottom of Jane Lynch's gown. But again with unnecessary floral embellishments!

7:22 - More freakiness with my computer...
Michael Douglas looks quite well, and he's making jokes. That's great to see.
I didn't like Sofia Vergara's dress when I first saw it, but close-up, it's uniquely beautiful.
Um... What happened to the 360 cam?

7:26 - Just caught a glimpse of Christina Aguilera. It's Booblesque!

7:27 - It's so weird to me that Mila Kunis of That 70s Show and Family Guy fame is nominated for a GG. Just goes to show you how people can be underestimated.
And another shot of Elisabeth Moss. I love her, really. But, what's with all the camera attention?

7:32 - A lot of pink/flesh-toney gowns tonight. Eh.

7:40 - I freaking LOVE Halle Berry's dress! So sassy and sexy.
Halle as Aretha? Hm... I think that Jennifer Hudson would beat a girl down. But that voice is too unique. They'd have to dub in the vocals no matter who the actress was.

7:42 - Not fond of Anne Hathaway's dress. Not in the least.

7:53 - And, unlike his friend HBC, Johnny Depp actually look not-insane for a change.
Vavoom, January Jones!!!

2 comments:

Your Nose Is Quite Big said...

GO KING'S SPEECH!! /fangirl

ekcelliott said...

For reals on that little Sarah from Modern Family...her dress is gorge. And she's hilarious. I LOVE Elizabeth Moss' dress too. I'm totally behind watching it this year! I'm not even through with the preshow on E!